The Ludington Area Schools is looking to hire an energetic professional to join the Technology Department. Experience in large enterprise-level Macintosh OS and iOS platforms are a must for this position. The Computer Support Technician position will be a salaried, full-time, 12-month, contracted, non-union position with benefits. Submit a letter of interest, resume and two letters of recommendation to Andrea Large, Ludington Area Schools Superintendent, 809 E. Tinkham Ave., Ludington, MI 49431.
POSITION: Computer Support Technician
LOCATION: Ludington Area Schools – Technology Department
• Five years of specific work experience in computer support and repair field
• Certification in networking, laptop, desktop, and/or printer support required unless work history is substantial
• Ability to relate well with others and provide excellent customer service
• Experience troubleshooting Mac OS X, iOS devices and Windows.
• Must pass background check and drug test
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to personal transportation
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Management, maintenance, and support of district owned computer technology
• Configure, test, and maintain software installations
• Maintain accurate work order system records
• Maintain inventory of technology assets
• Setting up AV equipment for various meetings
• Assisting staff in the full utilization of standard software package features
• Maintain industry standards for network security and physical security of technology
• Maintain industry standards for virus and malware protection & prevention
• Provide technical support, including installation, configuration, upgrades, and ensuring
operation of computer and network systems for LASD staff and students
• Deploy computer images and approved software installation to machines using various methods.
• Assist in the support and troubleshooting of servers when necessary
• Assist in the support and troubleshooting of network technology when necessary
• Assist in the support and updating of LASD web site when necessary
• Report ongoing or widespread problems to other members of the technology department
• Provide technical assistance and support in the research, implementation, and use of
• Inform the Technology Department of any new trends regarding the technology and its use.
• Provide training for staff as needed
• Performs other duties consistent with his/her professional competence as may be assigned by
the Technology Director
REPORTS TO: Technology Director
SALARY/HOURS: $30,000-$35,000 based on knowledge, skill, and experience
Technology Department – full-time, 12-month position with benefit package.