Full-time Non-Union Opening
Central Office Accounting/Pupil Services Supervisor
Twelve month position, comprehensive insurance package. This central office position entails: supervision of support staff; accounts payable and accounts receivable duties; system administration of the PowerSchool student information system, SchoolsOpen financial and payroll system, Asterisk VoIP phone system and Meal Magic food service system; and state reporting. A degree in Business/Accounting, computer experience, pupil/business accounting and supervisory experience preferred. Apply in writing to Mr. Bruce Doggett, Director of Business Services 809 E. Tinkham Avenue, Ludington, MI 49431, by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 26, 2014. Include letter of interest and resume. Summary of duties outlined below:
- Reports to the Director of Business Services. Supervises Accounts Payable, Food Service and Receptionist/clerical positions.
- Supervises the daily business office operations. Serves as expert on student, accounting and payroll software/hardware systems. Assists in monthly and yearly accounting and various reports required by the Michigan Department of Education. Other duties as assigned.
- Prepare data necessary to update the general ledger on a daily basis as transactions occur.
- Supervision and duties pertaining to the daily operations of the business office, including the preparation of checks in the areas of accounts payable, payroll, and student activities.
- Input data and supervise data input as required to maintain payroll, accounting, and student records. Also assists departments and provides financial and/or student information monthly or as needed. Ongoing State reporting responsibilities.
- Receive notice of cash deposits from all operating departments and record in appropriate funds.
- Serves as support and problem solver for IT aspects of student, accounting and payroll hardware/software on a daily basis.
- Assist in maintaining accurate computerized student management records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain records and prepare reports as required for state and federal authorities. Maintain personnel records on absenteeism, vacation, personal days, sick bank, etc.
- Assist and supervise office personnel with student and financial accounting-related matters as required.
- Assist the Director of Business and the Superintendent in the development of the annual budget as needed.
- Cash-flow analysis required on an ongoing basis.
- Monthly bank reconciliations for school district checking and savings accounts as assigned.
Degree in Business/Accounting, computer experience, pupil/business accounting and supervisory experience preferred. Minimum requirements - high school diploma with at least five years experience in bookkeeping and general accounting.
Criteria for Performance Evaluation
- Timeliness and accuracy of reporting.
- Innovative ideas to reduce time and costs involved.
- Insightful recommendations resulting from analysis of the financial data.
Franklin Aide - 6.0 hours per school day. Must be highly qualified. Duties include: develop lessons and work with 1st grade students on literacy skills. Facilitate Reading Naturally Program with 2nd grade students. Requires Read Naturally, DIBELS, Reading Comprehension and DRA training. Special Education .5 hours for student sensory breaks. Supervise parent drop-off zone, recess and Dial-A-Ride. Hours vary. Apply to Jan Jackoviak, Principal at Franklin Elementary, Ludington Area School District, 809 E. Tinkham Avenue, Ludington, MI 49431 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foster Crossing Guard - 1.0 hour per school day. Estimated hours 7:40 - 8:10 a.m. and 3:20 - 3:50 p.m. Crossing guard for Washington Avenue. Apply to Michael Ritter, Principal at Foster Elementary, Ludington Area School District, 809 E. Tinkham Avenue, Ludington, MI 49431 or email email@example.com.
Information for Substitute Teachers
Thank you for your interest in Ludington Area Schools! The Ludington Area School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, age, religion, sex, height, weight, marital status, or disabling condition. The Ludington Board of Education has adopted policies which support the regulations of Title VI, Title IX and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1974.