ADMINISTRATIVE OPENING FOR THE 2014/2015 SCHOOL YEAR
ATHLETIC DIRECTOR/MIDDLE SCHOOL ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL (Full-Time Position)
Summary of Position:
Maintains, organizes and administers the overall program of interscholastic athletics. Oversees athletics, scheduling of secondary complex activities, and scheduling of building use. Partners with Middle School Principal in administering the 6-8 educational program, assisting with student supervision and discipline, advancing school improvement efforts and conducting teacher evaluation.
Primary Duties include:
• Assisting in selecting, assigning, directing and evaluating coaching and athletics personnel
• Directing, supervising and scheduling all athletic programs and league activities
• Scheduling for facility and building use
• Conduct teacher evaluations
• Supervision and discipline of middle school students
• Play a key role on School Improvement team
• Successful coaching experience required
• Successful teaching experience required
• Valid teaching certificate required
• Educational Leadership Degree or leadership experiences preferred
For more information regarding this position please call Superintendent Andrea Large at 231-845-7303. Apply in writing, submit letter of interest, resume, copy of teaching certificate, transcripts and three letters of recommendation to: Mrs. Andrea Large, Superintendent, Ludington Area Schools, 809 E. Tinkham Avenue, Ludington, Michigan 49431. Deadline to apply is 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 27, 2014.
LESPA Opening (Part-Time Position)
Food Service Aide/Server at Ludington High School, 5.0 hours per day when school is in session. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Food preparation and serving duties including clean-up. Sanitation class required. Must be able to operate a computerized point of service cash processing machine. For more information contact Donna Garrow at 231-845-7303 extension 2041. Apply in writing to Donna Garrow, Food Service Supervisor, Ludington Area Schools, 809 E. Tinkham Avenue, Ludington, Michigan 49431, by 3:00 p.m. March 14, 2014.
Information for Substitute Teachers
Thank you for your interest in Ludington Area Schools!The Ludington Area School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, age, religion, sex, height, weight, marital status, or disabling condition. The Ludington Board of Education has adopted policies which support the regulations of Title VI, Title IX and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1974.